Have you ever had these small heritages mouth called oral thrush? These sores that appear on the inside of our cheeks, at the corner of the lips, gums or tongue are painful, itchy much and, worse, appear at the worst possible time. Today in the Blog Srewang to let us know what cold sores are and why they occurs and most importantly what is the treatment best suited to combat their annoying symptoms.
What are canker sores?
The cold sores or canker sores are small circular wounds with yellow or white inside and outside bright red. Its size varies depending on the area where they appear: the soft palate, the inside of the lips or cheeks, upper and lower gum, etc.
Often people confuse canker sores or oral herpes sores and the only thing they have in common is that they are painful and uncomfortable conditions. Remember that:
- The mouth ulcers are benign and not cancerous.
- The canker sores are not contagious.
- In general, canker sores affect more girls and women between 10 and 40 years.
- An important feature of canker sores is its recurrence: if a cold sore is healed, is likely to reappear other in the future.
You may also like to read another article on Srewang: Properties of Coenzyme Q10
Main causes of canker sores
As with other skin conditions, the mouth ulcers may have different origins and causes:
If both your parents have canker sores from recurring, there is a 90% chance that you also suffer these painful sores in the near future.
Hormonal imbalance, for example, the lowering of the period or the stage of menopause can increase the chances of cold sores.
Having a cold or flu, live stressful situations or not eating well can lower the natural defenses of our body and open the door to canker sores.
Low levels of iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid
As we say again and again in the Srewang, take care of our food is essential to keep our health deteriorates. In the case of canker sores, low levels of iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid in our body can cause these painful and recurrent mouth sores appear.
Another of the protagonists eternal our blog, the negative stress is one of those responsible for the appearance of canker sores. The anxiety, stress, fatigue and anxiety are emotional problems so, too, can increase the chances that we suffer in our own skin symptoms of canker sores.
You may also like to read another article on Srewang: How to Treat a Flu
Treatment of canker sores
Whether you have not had the experience of having cold sores, as if you’ve had any of these painful small sores, remember this list of treatments and preventive measures will come in handy:
- Oral hygiene: The first step indicated for the treatment and prevention of oral thrush is as simple as learning to wash fine teeth, tongue and inside of your mouth. If you suffer cold sores, as well as use a soft toothbrush and quality toothpaste, you can minimize the itching and burning of these ulcers with some mouthwash sales in pharmacies.
- Outside stress: Avoid cold sores are a powerful reason to control our stress level and anxiety. Play sports, go for a walk, read a book, chat quietly with friends or family can help you keep in good shape your emotional health.
- Balanced diet: Take fruit, vegetables and legumes, monitor excess fat and avoid sugary drinks not only help us to keep our ideal weight; it will also become one of the best allies in the treatment and prevention of the dreaded sores mouth.