We are going to present a number of alternatives to eggs in the kitchen, dedicated to those who by choice or necessity cannot take them.
For many people it is a real problem finding egg substitutes when they want to link or give consistency to a mass curdle a pudding, a pudding or a terrine, or prepare a batter omelet.
Tips alternatives to egg
- 60 g. Silky soft Tofu or allow replace 1 egg to give consistency to a recipe or cooking such a scrambled egg.
- For the development of an omelet without egg you can use for each egg you substitutes:
1 tablespoon soy flour dissolved in 2 tablespoons water or vegetable milk. You can also change the soybean meal chickpea flour or cornmeal.
If cornmeal you add 1 tablespoon flax seeds or ground flaxseed will get in this way a more complete mix but will have to increase water or vegetable milk in 4 tablespoons.
- One of the best egg substitutes when we curdle a cake, a custard or pudding is undoubtedly the alga agar.
- For cakes we can use ripe fruit and crushed as alternatives to egg mass contributing to the softness, volume and a pleasant aroma.
- Oatmeal soaked in water or vegetable milk like bread crumbs, grated apple, mashed potatoes or breadcrumbs can serve to bind croquettes meatballs or veggie burgers.
- The soymilk, oat, rice … or tofu can be used for making sauces when we need to seek alternatives to egg or simply give more flavor and texture.
- And icing pastry egg instead we can use agar-agar, vegetable oil or vegetable milk
You may also like to read another article on Srewang: Preparing a healthy lentils and quinoa burgers
It is demonstrated that, culinary level, there are many alternatives to the egg. In addition to the various applications mentioned have yet to discover more variations depending on the creativity and imagination of each person.
Did you know…?
If you mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water and bate these two ingredients like egg get a gelatinous liquid substitutable in many recipes.