When you hear of lactic acid bacteria, it is defined as a type of bacteria that can strengthen your defenses and especially improve gastrointestinal function and rebalance your gut.
The lactic acid bacteria probiotics have human origin and are particularly resistant to physiological digestion, then invade our intestines reproducing and improving the health of the organism. Today we explore the function of lactic acid bacteria and it is always recommended to hire them.
Why take lactic acid bacteria?
The lactic acid bacteria are regularly used to balance the intestine and strengthen the immune system, useful to fight the classic intestinal disorders such as constipation or diarrhea. They also have a significant importance in case of antibiotic therapy, in case of digestive dysfunctions for which an antibiotic intervention is required.
The probiotic lactic acid bacteria are already present in our intestines, and differ from the milk enzymes, which would be ingested through foods, such as yogurt, or through specific natural supplements. The lactic acid bacteria work as a preventive action, because if ingested before were infectious or inflammatory disorders of the gastrointestinal system, help prevent these disorders populating the intestinal flora and increasing the body’s immune defenses.
There are some special cases requiring the intake of lactic acid bacteria …
- Trips to foreign states: those who used to travel knows how easy it is to contract traveler’s diarrhea, a condition due to water or food contaminated by bacteria, viruses or parasites. Therefore it is important to prevent, reinforcing the bacterial flora.
- Dietary changes if you submit to particular diets, to control your weight or just to a particular care, taking milk enzymes is recommended because it promotes the absorption of nutrients and improves digestion.
- Seasons: seasonal changes affect the parts of the intestinal bacterial flora, this because some are better for the digestion of summer foods, other foods for winter. The lactic acid bacteria promote this very spare.
You may also like to read another article on Srewang: Vitamin D deficiency, is a possible cause of overweight and obesity?
What do they care for live yoghurt?
In the case where your organization is subject to gastrointestinal diseases, the lactic acid bacteria are equally important to be able to intervene and cure the disorder:
- Diarrhea and constipation: they are two very common disorders, which often can be solved through the use of enzymes, because they help the intestines to function properly.
- Inflammation: probiotic lactic acid bacteria are, as mentioned, already present in our intestines and bacteria, so they are useful for solving major inflammatory disorders. They also give good response in case of allergies, food intolerances, and in case of cystitis or candida.
- Antibiotic therapy: antibiotics cause the weakening of the bacteria of the bacterial flora and the direct consequence is mild or severe diarrhea or constipation. Therefore, in support of antibiotic therapy, the doctor may prescribe the intake of lactic acid bacteria so that it restored the optimum amount of bacteria in the gut flora.
In short, the probiotic lactic ferments and live are very important for your body, increase your immune system and your body’s natural defenses, protecting you from diseases that can hinder your daily well-being.