The coenzyme Q-10 is an enzyme whose properties or functions are intended to make energy being at the same time, a good cardiovascular protector.
What is coenzyme Q10?
Coenzymes are essential molecules to be carried out many enzymatic reactions in the body. We could say that make our body work more efficiently.
Coenzyme Q10, in particular, helps “make energy”, because although the body can theoretically get all the raw materials necessary for the production of that energy that is not enough if the transformation mechanism is not working properly. Would “spark” that starts the process of converting food into energy. Without coenzyme Q10 cannot produce “the spark” and therefore energy.
The body obtained through diet and processing of other coenzymes. Coenzyme Q10 contained in foods is easily destroyed by modern food processing methods. In addition, our ability to obtain this coenzyme decreases during the aging process and especially in situations of ongoing stress.
Properties of Coenzyme Q10
- It is essential for the processing and supply of energy to every living cell.
- In allergic processes because, coenzyme Q10, some people, it serves as a natural antihistamine.
- Improving our vitality and to intervene directly in the production of energy. It also improves exercise tolerance in sedentary people. Ideal therefore also for athletes.
- Helping in resolution of disease periodontal (bleeding gums especially abundantly)
- Strengthens the immune system and increasing the physiological capacity to use oxygen especially in stressful situations and that favors the role of immune system cells. This is very important also to strengthen defenses in cancer patients.
- CoQ10 is a good ally in heart problems (angina, heart attacks, etc.) as it is one of the main nutrients of heart tissue, promotes oxygenation and fights free radicals. It is curious that appear suelan heart problems in middle age of life, which coincides with the physiological reduction of the synthesis of coenzyme Q10. Pray always tip the doctor in these cases because many cardiac patients can reduce the dose of these drugs. Coenzyme Q10 supplementation reversed the cardiac abnormalities secondary to certain pharmacological treatments (antidepressant drugs, chemotherapy drugs)
- It can help reduce weight naturally. Obese people and they do crash diets often have low levels of coenzyme Q10.
- Increases longevity slowing the aging process. That is due to its antioxidant to neutralize free radicals. Their antioxidant action is similar to that of vitamin E and K and inhibiting cell destruction caused by free radicals by neutralizing them through oxygenation reactions.
- Patients with muscular dystrophy appear to have reduced levels of this coenzyme. Coenzyme Q10 supplementation can improve their quality of life.
- Other health disorders that may benefit from supplementation of coenzyme Q10 are muscle disorders, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, lupus, schizophrenia, pain, fatigue and exercise intolerance.
Did you know that coenzyme Q10…?
The beneficial effects of coenzyme Q10 does not appear immediately. Some people may notice improvement in two weeks and others take months. The results are more evident the greater our deficit of this nutrient.