Peppers are a vegetable very present in every kitchen as valued as its rich flavor and its culinary and nutritional possibilities.
Origin and kinds of peppers
There are many varieties of peppers on the market. They may have different shape and size and also changes the flavor that can be sweet or spicy.
As for color is green peppers that turn red when ripe, and there are also yellow; all kinds of peppers have virtually the same properties and bring great benefits to our health.
Nutritional information (per 100 g)
- Energy: 113 Kcal
- Water: 92 g
- Fat: 0.19 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Potassium: 180 mg
- Phosphorus: 19mg
- Magnesium 13.5 mg
- Calcium 9 mg
- Vitamin C: 131 mg
- Vitamin A: 632 IU
- Vitamin E: 0.8mg
As we said composition does not vary too peppers change color but although it is remarkable the difference in the amount of vitamin C that we can bring still higher in red peppers, 190 mg. in the green.
The peppers are rich in vitamin C, much more than some citrus, and give us a significant amount of potassium.
It also contains folic acid, beta carotene and carotenoids.
You may also like to read another article on Srewang: Benefits of peppermint, its uses in the kitchen
- If we are following diet consumption peppers, especially raw or roasted, they are highly recommended because due to their fiber content provide a great sense des satiety.
- Peppers exert a diuretic and cleansing action, with its rich in potassium, favoring the elimination of liquids.
- Highly recommended consumption in case of hypertension, renal calculus and gout.
- They are a potent antioxidant.
- Reinforce defenses and help the creation of white and red blood cells.
- Are snacks, ie stimulate appetite.
- Peppers, because of its high fiber content, improve constipation problems.
- Promote collagen formation and growth of nails and hair.
- In case of arthritis and rheumatism consumption it is much recommended for its analgesic properties.
- Spicy pepper varieties help burn fat.
- For its content in foliate peppers should not miss in the diet of pregnant women and children.
- Promote vision.
What if the peppers not me feel good to the stomach?
If your stomach is going through a delicate moment better eat sweet peppers are not recommended spicy as they can be a little irritating. If we fried are harder to digest.
Another trick to make us feel better is always eating the peppers … without your skin.
Did you know…?
If we apply on our skin pepper observe how the stains that appear by age, sun, etc. they become clearer. Paprika, spice rich in provitamin A, is produced by grinding the dried meat of the peppers. They are a widely used in the preparation of many dishes species.