In many cases, the liver cysts are discovered by chance, because they are usually of small size, do not show specific symptoms and go unnoticed.
Cysts in the liver are usually a rare condition that often goes unnoticed in patients. Usually, they are nothing more than small lesions in the liver tissue without consequences or symptoms.
In other cases, these cysts can buy a larger size and alter the functions of the liver and, therefore, physicians should always opt for reconstructive surgery.
In liver ailments, this is one of the least known and for this reason; we want to explain the causes that determine the appearance of these cysts and the symptoms that can come to feel.
We are confident that these data will be useful to you.
What are hepatic cysts?
A cyst is any tissue injury liquid where it is stored and can acquire various sizes. However, in the case of hepatic cysts; these are usually small in size and impact disproportionately on women.
For these cysts exceed 5 cm diameter, we would already considerable injury to hepatic tissue. That is when a certain symptoms appear and the functions of this body are altered.
- Changes in the operation of the road connecting to the gallbladder.
- The liver can become inflamed and enlarged.
- Large cysts that are not detected in time can break and start an infection or bleeding that cause us serious problems.
- In some cases a single cyst not shown, but several. If all end up developing large sizes, the clinical picture is more serious and will need surgery to restore the liver of those injuries.
Symptoms associated with hepatic cysts
As we noted at the beginning, usually small cysts have no symptoms. Most often know of their existence by chance, and if we submit to any test of contrast as a PET-CT or ultrasound.
When a small liver cyst is detected it is not usually taken any treatment or follow-ups are established. They are asymptomatic and have more severe.
However, if a cyst and range between 4 and 5 cm start to feel very characteristic symptoms:
- Abdominal pain
- Pressure and discomfort
- Inflammations or fever
- abdominal cramps
We can say that in each person, the symptoms will in one way or another, but generally, these are the most common complaints. Our doctor who will give us the diagnosis and determine who should follow the process, which usually always surgery.
You may also like to read another article on Srewang: Tips when performing cardio
Causes that determine the appearance of hepatic cysts
Hepatic cysts are usually rare disorders that almost always have a genetic origin. They do not have too much, unless, as we know, they are large.
However, since the most common is that many people have and do not know, do not know exactly what impact on the population. There is more information about the “giant cysts” whose causes could be the following:
- Kidney failure may result in the appearance of cysts in the liver. Liquids, toxins build up, and all changes in liver function.
- A malfunction of the spleen or gallbladder can also cause this type of ailment.
- There have been cases of patients with intracranial aneurysms have developed hepatic cysts.
- Another fact to keep in mind is that, while it is true that 50% of cases of patients with liver cysts have its origin in the genetic factor may also be due to the presence of a parasite.
- The parasite Echinococcus granulosus is the cause also the development of this alteration, and are known as so -called hydatid cysts. They have good treatment and are usually resolved.
Keep in mind that sometimes some cysts may actually metastatic liver malignancies.
Therefore, it is always necessary to have evidence of contrast where the specialists differentiate or take any other decisions to be safer.
You can prevent hepatic cysts
As we have detailed throughout the article, the vast majority of hepatic cysts have as their origin our own genetic heritage.
If our parents do not know, they have liver cysts it is difficult for us to know the risk of developing them.
However, extreme caution will be, no doubt, to avoid getting the parasites that can cause this condition acquire.
Take note of how be forewarned:
- The E chinococcus granulosus is usually a common parasite in canids (dogs, wolves, jackals, coyotes …). It is therefore important not we kiss caress or dogs that have not been previously vaccinated and dewormed.
- If we have dogs at home is important to get all their shots.
- When eating fruit and vegetables washing care previously.
- Maintain proper hygiene in your hands, wash them frequently and always take bottled water.