A stressful lifestyle, poor nutrition or chronic use of certain medications (such as antibiotics, cortisone, birth control pills) may lead to the appearance of a vaginal infection known as candidiasis, and caused by the fungus Candida albicans.
With time, without the right remedies, candidiasis tends to become chronic and generate more and more frequent relapses.
But how do p er definitely combat Candida albicans, and finally say “GOODBYE” to this uninvited guest?
It is not an easy challenge … but there is a way, just follow three simple steps …
- Weaken “the guest” taking away the food from the mouth without realizing that we provide: fermented foods, yeast, simple sugars, refined grains, soft drinks and alcohol.
- Attack the fungus with the right allies such as caprylic acid of coconut oil, garlic allicin, the Essential Oil, the extract of grapefruit seed and the Tea Tree Oil.
- Help the body eliminates inflammation, restoring proper intestinal flora and strengthen the defense to prevent a possible relapse: with bearberry, echinacea and probiotics.
The diet is the first step to defeat this persistent guest, natural medicine is a valuable aid that will accompany you in this endeavor, but the will, perseverance and determination are your weapons to win this battle.
To win it is essential that there is a balance between your emotions, your thoughts and your actions, avoiding as much as possible the causes of stress and remembering that, as in many other diseases, the mind has the greatest power.
First step: Diet to combat candida
The duration of the diet depends very much on the overall health of the body, before undertaking council contact your doctor.
To defeat this fungus serves good nutrition based on:
– Unrefined grains (brown rice, buckwheat, millet and quinoa) is useful to prepare salads with vegetables and proteins, both for snacks (e.g. Rice cakes, rice biscuits without sugar and yeast)
– Purifying vegetables such as garlic, onion, leek, celery, cabbage, broccoli, spinach
– Proteins of good quality such as fish, vegetables and white meat
– A lot of water
You may also like to read another article on Srewang: Hereditary hemochromatosis: Diagnosis, symptoms and treatment
10 Foods to fight the candida
- Coconut oil, rich in caprylic acid, is able to prevent the growth of fungus and its reproduction
- Garlic, rich in allicin, is a good natural antifungal (best when taken raw)
- Apple cider vinegar, rich in antifungal enzymes
- Cruciferous vegetables, rich in active ingredients such as sulfur, which naturally attack the candida
- Ginger contains anti-inflammatory compounds and antifungal especially in the root
- Vegetable oils such as olive, evening primrose, linseed, rich in antioxidant polyphenols
- Cloves, full of powerful essential oil eugenol to antifungal activity
- Cinnamon contains natural anti-inflammatory for fungal infections
- Salmon, rich in omega 3, useful in case of fungal infection
- Lemon juice, useful for the known capacity detoxifying
Foods to avoid to fight candida
– Foods high in yeast like bread and pizza
– Sweeteners like sugar, honey, saccharin
– Soft drinks, sweets in general, industrial snacks
– Sugary fruit
– Grains such as white bread and wheat pasta
– Fermented foods such as wine, beer, vinegar, hard cheeses
– Black tea, coffee
In the first phase of a diet against candida, there may be a peggiormaneto of some symptoms (such as headaches or profuse vaginal discharge), but this happens because the body is getting used to the new diet and is accumulating toxins to eliminate. Slowly I feel better and as this happen, the diet can become less strict, but always avoiding the consumption of simple sugars and refined carbohydrates.
Second step: The natural remedies to fight candida
The same day when you start an anti-candida diet is advisable to take some good supplements that will strengthen further the action of food.
Among the most useful medicinal plants are definitely the garlic, coconut (coconut oil), oregano (essential oil), grapefruit (seed extract), the spirulina algae, tea tree, or Melaleuca (oil essential).
They are also not to forget all the plants diuretic or anti-inflammatory action of the urinary tract, essential for proper expulsion of the fungus. These include the bearberry, horsetail, birch and cranberry.
Third step: Intestinal flora and immune system
The third step is very important and not to be underestimated.
I advise you to wait at least 2-3 weeks after the start of the diet before putting it into practice, as it is necessary to first lock the overgrowth of candida (with the first and second step) and only later reestablish a good intestinal flora and immunitary defense.
Start with a good probiotic (lactic acid bacteria) to be taken for at least 1-2 months, so as to create a “new army” of bacteria that will help your body defend itself and then to reactivate the immune system.
Finally, make your body invincible against further attack, assume a specific product for the body’s defenses.